Use your ASL skills to interpret for upcoming NTPA Deaf Theatre programs! Open to anyone ages 15 and older with 2 years ASL experience or enrolled in a Collin College Interpreter Internship course. Interns must be willing to be coached.
Please note: This program will NOT result in an interpreter certification.
ASL Student Intern Benefits
- Participants in the College Collin interpreter program who are registered in the Internship class with the college, may receive college credit for their participation in the NTPA ASL Intern program.
- Students who are members in the NTPA ACE program may receive internship tuition credit.
- Recognition as a member of the student interpreter program.
- Access to special workshops.
- Ability to audition as shadow voice actors in deaf theater productions.
- Potential opportunities to
- Serve as an interpreter for youth or Starcatchers performances.
- Function as an onsite interpreter for deaf patrons or deaf staff
- Shadow voice acting
- Assist with deaf youth camps or UpSTARt classes
Join Us Today!
Just fill out the interest form to apply, and one of our team members will be in touch with additional information.