By Denver Danyla
From the moment you walk in the door, you are auditioning for the production. Greet the director and introduce yourself with your first and last name. Use your monologue and song to demonstrate your strengths! No matter your skill level, NTPA is the perfect place to grow your performing arts skills and make new friends. Be warm, kind, and respectful to the directors at the audition and during rehearsal. Remember, your audition is your opportunity to “stand out!”
- Do Be positive
- Do Smile
- Do Say “Thank you”
- Do Say “yes ma’am,” “no ma’am,” “yes sir,” “no sir”
- Do Dress to impress
- Do Have fun
- Do Be willing to try different things if they ask
- Don’t Look at the directors when you are doing your pieces (Tip: find a spot on the wall behind them to connect with)
- Don’t Come in the audition with gym shorts and shirts
- Don’t Be hard on yourself
Looking for your next audition?
Check out our full list of upcoming audition in Plano, Fairview, Frisco and Dallas!