Join the North Texas Performing Arts JTF Troupe
What is JTF?
Junior Theatre Festival brings together student musical theater troupes from all over the world for a weekend of musical theater mayhem and madness. The weekend is full of theatre troupe performances, workshops, showcases, awards and FUN with like-minded people from all across the globe!
JTF is the LARGEST student theatre festival in the country.
The NTPA JTF troupe will travel and perform at JTF Atlanta in January 2024. NTPA may also send a troupe to JTF West in February 2024.
- Each troupe performs fifteen minutes from a Broadway Junior show for adjudication by a panel of Broadway and musical theatre experts.
- Selected student performers will be chosen for the JTF All-Stars troupe.
- Up to 8 students from each troupe will be invited to audition for Junior Choreography DVD shoots.
- Four students from each group can complete in the Tech Olympics.
Plus you won’t want to miss…
- Workshops taught by Broadway professionals!
- Previews of new Broadway Junior titles soon to be released
- Conversations and performances with current Broadway performers
- Dance party
- Awards show
- Many surprises by Guest Artists!
Check out the 2023 JTF Troupe who received Outstanding Production, the highest award given at the festival!
NTPA is proud to be attending JTF for our fifth year. Our performance troupe has been recognized each year with some of the highest recognitions given at JTF.
- 2020: Excellence in Ensemble
- 2021: Outstanding Performance
- 2022: Excellence in Ensemble, this troupe also was selected to perform MTI’s New Works Showcase
- 2023: Outstanding Performance
JTF Atlanta: January 11-15, 2024
JTF West: February 8-12, 2024
(includes travel days)
- Attend informational meetings
- Attend JTF rehearsals
- Commit to time and financial obligations
Monday Rehearsals – 6-9:30 pm – Fairview – starting September 4 through December 18
January 3-6: JTF Tech week – will be evenings, then full day on Saturday
January 7, 2024: Showcase
*Note: many school districts are on winter break through January 8, 2024. Please be sure you note rehearsal dates before committing
Director: Denver Danyla
Music Director: Kally Duncan
Additional Choreography: Marissa Bergere
Managing Director: Cibby Bowden
Approximate cost of participation includes all JTF dues/admission to the festival, rehearsals, shirts, wrist bands to trade, and lodging. This does not include transportation (airfare, to/from hotel), meals, or souvenirs. Hotel is based on an occupancy of four to a room.
Parents/guardians will have an opportunity to attend. Cost to attend is approximately $850 per adult.
The costs associated with JTF are billed in three installments.
Hotel Room Costs: Depending on the number of people in your room will vary the cost of the hotel. If a parent is attending with their performer they will be in a room together. If there are troupe members traveling without a parent, there will be an option to have a third person in your room.
Parent/performers of the same gender may choose to share a room, four people to a room. Final room costs will be shared with the troupe at the parent meeting. Troupe will stay in a hotel contracted by NTPA together.