NTPA Safety Protocol Update
The North Texas Performing Arts Covid-19 Task Force of 30 medical doctors, legal counsel, board members and others meets weekly to update our safety protocols so that we can provide the safest possible environment for our students and patrons.
Those protocols have allowed us to reopen and enjoy over 35,000 visitors, 120 productions and almost 1,000 performances in our spaces without incident.
Based on CDC, state and local guidance the NTPA Task Force has developed a 5-Phase Drawdown Strategy that will gradually move our safety protocols to normalcy.
These 5 phases will allow NTPA to roll-back policies in a safe and deliberate manner. Each phase will be adopted based on the current test, hospitalization, and vaccine rates along with guidance from the CDC and other agencies.
Protocol Drawdown Phase 2
Effective April 12, 2021
- Touching will be allowed on stage as long as there is no close contact as defined by the CDC (within 6 feet for a cumulative of 15 minutes over a 24 hour period). Kissing will not be permitted.
- Auditions may be allowed in-person with singing at full volume at the approval of the Vice President of Youth Theatres.
- Snack breaks during rehearsals may be allowed at directors discretion.
- In-theatre refreshments and supporting donations may be reopened at all NTPA venues.
- Effective June 1, seating will be opened in all theatres with one side of the venue offering socially distanced seating and one side of the venue offering seating at full capacity.