12th Annual AMP Awards and Fundraiser – Senior Division Celebration
“Black, White, and Seniors in Red”
Saturday, July 9, 2022, 4:30 PM – Midnight
The Courtyard Theatre
Part Prom, Part Oscars, FULL CELEBRATION of NTPA 10th-12th Grade Students!
Our Senior Division AMP Awards recognize all NTPA troupes in a special AMP Awards event just for our performers who are in 10th grade or higher and participated in a production that opened between January 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022 at North Texas Performing Arts!
About the Senior Division AMP Awards
The Senior Division AMP Awards offers a separate and exclusive “Senior Division” Awards Ceremony in a cross-NTPA event. The event will honor students who just completed 10th grade or higher and participated in an NTPA major production that opened between January 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022. This exciting event unites the Senior Division from across the entire NTPA family of theatres and is the exclusive event for Senior Division AMP recognition!
The Red Carpet Reception opens at 4:30 PM and Seniors can party ’til midnight!
All money raised by the AMP Awards supports ongoing funding for North Texas Performing Arts. Your attendance will not only help us celebrate our family of performers, but will allow us to continue growing our program in 2022 and the years to come!
Dress code is semi-formal to formal. With this year’s theme “Black, White, and Seniors in Red” we’re excited to highlight our very special class of 2022! We invite all Seniors in the class of 2022 to wear red, while everyone else wears black and white.
Only 300 Seats available in The Courtyard Theatre!
One price includes everything – admission, food, drinks (water and soft drinks), and after party!
Regular Tickets – $40-50
Early Bird – $40 (until July 1)
Regular – $50
Ticket includes seat in The Courtyard Theater.
Alumni students – FREE
NTPA Alumni not in honored classes (beyond the “13th Grade”) may attend without charge. Alumni nominated in this year’s Senior Division AMP Awards must purchase a regular ticket. Ticket includes seat in The Courtyard Theater.
Parent Lounge – FREE
Join us for the party within the party and enjoy time socializing with your fellow theatre parent friends. Ticket does NOT include a seat in The Courtyard Theater. Wine by donation available.
Performance-Only Ticket – FREE
Performance-Only Tickets are available for performers who are in grades 9 and below who are only attending to perform. Does NOT include a seat in The Courtyard Theatre. Students who plan to stay after their performance must purchase a regular ticket.
- Exclusive pre-event reception in the Courtyard Lobby
- Photo-ops with your friends and favorite directors
- Food (pizza and chicken) and drinks available upon arriving
- Ends with a red carpet walk into The Courtyard Theatre
- Awards Event – two big acts with an intermission!
- Awards for individual theatres AND Cross-NTPA Awards in some categories – including awards for Outstanding NTPA Performers!
- Actors will be nominated for performances between January 1 – December 31, 2021
- Awards to be announced by past NTPA alumni and directors
- Free water and soft drinks available during intermission
- Drawings for door prizes throughout the program
- Open seating in The Courtyard Theatre
- One of Dallas’s hottest DJ’s will be conducting the night’s music!
- Food and drink concessions will be available for purchase
- Photo booth, photos with friends and directors and MORE
- Afterparty admittance is free to those with tickets and NTPA alumni. Only high school freshmen or older will be admitted.
- Event ends at midnight – music ends at 11:30pm
Adults-only lounge with wine by donation – available throughout the entire event
To be announced soon!
People’s Choice Awards
Your vote counts in the People’s Choice Awards at the Senior AMP Awards! Help us choose the winners of the following categories:
Hart Award Application
The Hart Award recognizes a graduating NTPA senior who has demonstrated distinguished leadership at NTPA, school and in the community.
The award is named after Rebekah Hart and her family. Rebekah Hart was a student at Plano Children’s Theatre from 2001-2008. In addition to taking classes, she volunteered at PCT and Custer Road Methodist Church. Her parents were active volunteers in our program. In addition, they were Girl Scout volunteers and foster parents. Sadly, we lost the Hart family in 2008 in a tragic accident. The following year we created the Hart Award for graduating seniors who exemplify the Ten Characters of NTPA.
Graduating seniors are invited to apply for the HART AWARD. Our Arts Advisory Board will read the nominations and decide on the winners.