NTPA Safety Protocol Update
The North Texas Performing Arts Covid-19 Task Force of 30 medical doctors, legal counsel, board members and others meets weekly to update our safety protocols so that we can provide the safest possible environment for our students and patrons.
Those protocols have allowed us to reopen and enjoy over 35,000 visitors, 120 productions and almost 1,000 performances in our spaces without incident.
In light of continued rising hospitalization rates due to the Delta variant and new guidelines announced this week by the CDC, the following safety protocol will be effective immediately for all NTPA facilities.
- Consistent with CDC guidance, Masks shall be required for all persons age 3+ in all NTPA theatres, including patrons at shows.
- Actors in designated “Mask Optional On Stage” productions may take their mask off ONLY while performing on stage during tech week and performances. Masks may be taken off for curtain speeches. Participants must wear masks at all other times.
- Actors in designated “Mask Required” performances must wear masks at all times during rehearsals and performances.
- Any production not designated as “Mask Required” (including AMP Awards Performances) shall follow the “Mask Optional On Stage” guidelines until further notice.
- Students MAY remove their masks momentarily to take pictures, provided they do not violate the “close contact” rule of “within 6 feet for 15 minutes”.
- Participants at NTPA events serving meals (e.g. AMP awards) may remove their masks while seated at their table.
- All participants and patrons must follow the NTPA Covid Notification Protocol and alert NTPA of possible Covid-19 exposure
North Texas Performing Arts strongly encourages all participants and patrons, who are able, to get vaccinated to prevent the spread of Covid-19 within the NTPA family.